SIA ASTOR SHIPMANAGEMENT GROUP (“ASTOR”) will act in relation to all processing of Personal Data collected because of the registration of third parties to subscribe to Astor’s press releases.
On May 25, 2018, the European Union (“EU”)’s new General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) entered into force and is applicable to all in the EU countries. Similar data protection laws apply in other European countries.
ASTOR gives great importance to personal data; when storing and transmitting data, ASTOR’s aim is to ensure a high level of data protection and data security. This is the reason why ASTOR considers that it is its duty to comply with all the applicable laws and regulations which govern the collection and processing of personal data.
By accessing and using ASTOR’s website, you confirm that (a) you have read and have fully understood the Policy, (b) you agree on the collection and the use of your own and others’ Personal Data in accordance with the Policy and (c) you have authority to provide ASTOR with all information submitted by you via the website, including but not limited to the Personal Data of third parties.
Your information is collected via the website.
ASTOR collects information by which you may be personally identified including your e-mail, your telephone/contact numbers (the “Personal Data”).
ASTOR uses your Personal Data to send or e-mail you a job offer;
• you could submit your application;
• you could submit your telephone and contact numbers;
• you could send a message through the website to be contacted for information about our services and
• you could send your photos through the website with other Personal Data.
3. Disclosure and transfer:
ASTOR doesn’t share with, or transfer to any third parties, your Personal Data.
4. Data retention:
ASTOR retains your Personal Data for as long as you subscribe to receive any alerts from ASTOR and/or as long as required to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
ASTOR uses a tracking technology for session authentication or settings storage where applicable (the “Cookies”). The Cookies are data sent from the web server to your browser, where they are stored for later recovery.
Cookie collection may be disabled in your browser preferences. You may also configure it in such a way as to inform you of the recording of a Cookie. The Cookie storage occurs only in case you expressly agree to it. Your browser allows ASTOR’s website to access only the Cookies they have installed, not those installed by other websites.
Astor uses third party cookies. Google Analytics analyzes how interesting the Astor webpages may be for seafarers and new applicants.
6. Data Security:
We do our best to protect your Personal Data. You can help protect your Personal Data by keeping confidential your password to your profile on our website.
7. Your Rights:
Under the GDPR, individuals who have their Personal Data collected by ASTOR (the “Data Subjects”) have certain rights, including:
• To be informed about the collection and use of their Personal Data;
• To request from ASTOR access to their Personal Data, or to restrict processing of their Personal Data, and to receive their Personal Data or have it transmitted to another data controller;
• In addition to the possibility of using direct access to data to make modifications directly, Data Subjects also have the right to request that ASTOR corrects their Personal Data on their behalf, in case such data is processed incompletely or inaccurately, provided that any
modification pertaining to certain fields, (for example, bank details), requires the completion of an approval process;
• To request deletion or destruction of their Personal Data;
• To restrict processing of their Personal Data where applicable under the GDPR; and
• To lodge a complaint with a relevant supervisory authority.
In addition, you may have certain additional rights under local data protection laws and regulations. ASTOR is committed to trying to comply with all applicable local data protection laws and regulations and will promptly respond to your requests in connection with the rights you may have in accordance to such laws and regulations.
Data Subjects may contact ASTOR by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
ASTOR may revise the Policy at any time by amending this web page. You are expected to check this web page from time to time to take notice of any changes ASTOR makes. The Policy is published on ASTOR’s website and is kept up to date.
If you subscribe or have previously subscribed to one of ASTOR’s alerts and given your consent to the use of your personal information, you can choose to stop receiving the same. Follow the unsubscribe instructions included in such communications in order to opt-out. Alternatively, you can opt out of such communications at any time by contacting ASTOR by email at email@example.com.
Publication date: June 2021.